 Marketplace / Shopping / 10411
10410  |  10412
Subject:
Clearance season nearly over. The haul is in!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 05:29:54 GMT

Well now that the Clearance of 2003.a is nearly done (most stores are devoid
of deals--unless you hid them the week before:) I've found a good deal of stuff.
I have to say that the most predictable savings came from Target (Clearance
Holy Land), the most disorganized were Wal-Mart and the most frustrating
from Kmart.  All others either do not attempt clerances or are not worth the
bother in SoCal.
Best finds:
Wal-Mart-->  7201  Final Duel 2 = 30 @ $1.00 each (Woo hoo!!!)
             7200  Final Duel 1 = 2 @ $2.00 each
             4790  Alpha Team Robot Diver = 14 @ $1.00 each
             7153  Jango Fett's Slave One with STAR WARS case
                        = 2 @ $20.00 (not low, but still a good deal)
             7204  Jedi Defense 2 = 3 @ $2.00 each
             4796  Ogel Mutant Squid = 10 @ $1.00 each
             4791  Alpha Team Sub-Surface Scooter = 1 @ $1.00 each
             3421  3 v 3 Shootout = 4 @ $10.00 each
             4714  Gringotts™ Bank = 4 @ $5.00 each
             4712  Troll on the Loose = 8 @ $1.00 each

Target---->  4534  LEGO Express = 3 @ $ 39.98 each
             4793  Ogel Shark Sub = 4 @ $4.86 each
             4794  Alpha Team Command Patrol = 2 @ $7.74 each
             4791  Alpha Team Sub-Surface Scooter = 3 @ $1.74 each
             7163  Republic Gunship = 2 @ $21.86 each
             7113  Tusken Raider Encounter = 2 @ $3.74 each
             4702  The Final Challenge = 4 @ $1.74 each
             4701  Sorting Hat = 6 @ $1.74 each
             4704  The Chamber of the Winged Keys = 10 @ $4.86 each
             4705  Snape's Classroom = 7 @ $4.86 each
             4706  Forbidden Corridor = 3 @ $ 6.74 each
             10013  Open Freight Wagon = 6 @ $ 4.86 each
             10014  Caboose = 12 @ $3.86 each

There were some other good deals I found at the LEGOLAND seasonal store down
in Carlsbad, but they are so very regional that I won't bother to tease with
them today :)

That's the extent of my haul this season.  I think I am done as not much
else pops up any more.  I may check that late bloomer Kmart later, they are
ALWAYS late on the deals out here...

Next clearance will likely come in August as stores set up for X-mas 2003
(Clearance of 2003.b), if I'm lucky all those AT-AT's due out in July won't
have broken the bank too much by then :P!!

Best y'all,
-Aaron-