 Marketplace / Shopping / 10281
Re: Comparison of the current tub/bucket offerings?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 03:56:07 GMT

I think it's very much a personal preference, but I've bought a slew of
three different buckets this year.

In the US, the 4105 red 500 piece bucket is available at most Walmarts,
KMarts, Targets and TRUs for $9.99. I like it for the 2 cents / piece price
point, and for the green, brown, light gray, tan and black, all colors I can
use more of. It's currently available for $7.50 during the TRU BOGO sale.

The 7831 small red 200 piece bucket was clearanced at at least Walmart for
$3. It is one of the few sets that has had inverse 45 1x2 slopes in green.
It also has a fair selection of orange. That enticed me to pick up a fairly
large number, but I would pass at the normal retail price.

I've also gotten quite a few of the TRU exclusive 600 piece blue buckets,
retailing for $15 and but currently available during the BOGO for $11.25. If
you want purple bricks, they're the only game in town. (It also contains a
fair selection of orange.)

I haven't bought any of the 4107 blue tubs, because I already have enough
1x1 bricks, although many others find this to be a very good buy.

Most if not all of the are inventoried at www.peeron.com, so you can compare
in more detail there.

Cary