 Marketplace / Shopping / 10098
Re: LEGO @ Tuesday Morning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 17:55:10 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mike Walsh writes:
We received a Tuesday Morning mailer today.  Their next "event" is Tuesday,
November 12th and they have LEGO in the flyer. ...

Hope springs eternal. I thought there might be something worth buying, and
although Tuesday Morning unveiled a fair variety, the prices seemed little
better than list.  I guess in fact the prices were 33% off list, generally,
but there wasn't much to get excited about.

They had some small LOM sets (7301, 02, 03), some Soccer (3408 and others),
a few buckets (small Creator, Mickey Mouse), the RC Car, Mindstorms Vision
Command, Bionicles and the like. The telltale sign for me was that if I
wandered the toy aisle away from the special display, there was LEGO spread
here and there, unsold from the last event. The Mindstorms 'Mars Expansion'
had been moved to the Clearance 'additional 40% off' and it still didn't
look worth buying.

I did end up buying something -- some Playmobil for my wife -- since I have
no idea what that's really worth.

cary