 Marketplace / Shipping / 86
Re: KB Kids
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 14:40:05 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Michael Hader writes:
In lugnet.trains, Rogelio Garingo writes:
  I recently order 4561 from KB kids.  They sent me the wrong set (set #
6332).  Anybody had the same problem???

They are pretty bad about that from what I can tell.  They have screwed up • both
my order and also one of my friend's by sending us the wrong stuff.  My friend
didn't even get LEGO.  I suggest calling them vs email because they are pretty
slow..When you do, make sure that they actually enter the re-order into the
computer.  I waited two weeks after I had been told that mine was going to be
shipped 2nd air to call them back.  I basically got the response "OOPS, I
messed up..sorry".  It hadn't been re-ordered.  I finally got it a few days
later, but it was almost a full month after I had ordered it.

Michael Hader
http://hubcap.clemson.edu/~mhader/lego

Standard advice about merchant satisfaction applies here. Log your
communication (write yourself notes if you phone, and always ask for a name,
ask how to tell it's unique, or save your emails). Then, if the merchant does
not provide satisfaction, contact your charge card issuer.

Tell them what transpired, and ask for a full refund of charges pending
satisfactory resolution. You'd be amazed how much of a change you'll see in
even the most slovenly merchants after the charges are reversed and you still
have the goods pending their resolving your issue.

This doesn't help if you haven't actually received any merch and your card
hasn't been charged, of course, but in that case you're not out anything
except time (which IS worth a lot, don't think I'm belittling that!!!)

++Lar