 Marketplace / Shipping / 508
507  |  509
Subject:
Dutiable shipments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 22:24:47 GMT

In order to resolve some questions concerning which shipements of Lego parts
are 'potentially dutiable' (and require a customs form), I am asking the
international buyers/sellers (i.e. non-US) to help with some basic information.
Personally, I am most interested in the following countries, but answers from
any country are welcome: UK, Japan, Australia, all countries in Europe.

Question 1: When received from abroad, is Lego merchandise (sets/parts) subject
to duty fees. Please answer yes / no / depends on value of shipment.

Question 2: If the answer to Q #1 is 'depends on value of shipment', then at
what minimum amount does it become subject to duty. If this is expressed in
your national currency, please indicate as such.

Question 3: What country do you live in.

Thanks, Ray Sanders