 Marketplace / Shipping / 494
Re: New Rules for Air Parcel Post (US -> Europe)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 18:54:34 GMT

In lugnet.market.shipping, Rich Manzo writes:
In lugnet.market.shipping, Ray Sanders writes:
The post office informed me of changes to shipping requirements for air parcel
post, from US to Europe. This may affect other countries shipping to Europe as
well. I found out about these the hard way "we need a phone number to ship this
package" :/

Interesting.

Note how the sheet you received says you "should" include recipients phone
number. Judging by that, it appears that it is not mandatory to include a
phone number, rather it is just preferred that you do so.

The local post office (using POS terminals) refused to accept the package
without it. YMMV at other facilities with and without POS. The POS terminal
asked the retail clerk to enter the phone number.

Ray