 Marketplace / Shipping / 440
439  |  441
Subject:
US Postal Rates go up July 1, 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 16:58:18 GMT

I went to the post office this morning and noticed some rates change on July
1st. News to me. I thought I'd pass the info along incase you're as clueless as
I was.

Not huge increases, but still, for those who have the info memorized...

Not all Priority rates are due to go up.

Up to 1 lb and up to 2 lbs remain the same at $3.50 & $3.95.

The changes are:
Up to 3 goes from $5.15 to $5.20.
Up to 4 goes from $6.35 to $6.45.
Up to 5 goes from $7.55 to $7.70.

It looks like the rest of the increases are based on where you are and where
you are sending to.

Money orders are going up to .90.

(Tip: Many Wal-marts, K-marts and many grocery stores have cheaper money
orders, Cub Foods by me has them for .19.)

First class has some changes as well.

The first ounce remains at .34, but additional ounces are now .23, up from .21.

Julie