 Marketplace / Services / 361
Re: Warning for PayPal Users who use CASH
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 15:00:37 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Andy Lynch writes:
The below link points out some information about PayPal that users of the
service may not be aware of.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/434192.asp

It states that people who use PayPal without using the Credit Card option
have no recourse if they have a dispute with the person that they sent
money.  This is quite the opposite from what people who use credit cards
have become used to, so I thought that I would point it out for others to see.

Thanks for the info, Andy.

That's certainly something to keep in mind when dealing with people you
don't know on eBay or other auction sites.  I think we're pretty lucky in
the AFOL community in that we have an unusually low number of deal-breakers
or cheats.  I think in all the buying and selling I've done I've only been
dealt with in anything other than an honest manner once, and that happened
recently with someone at Brickbay who seems to have done the same thing to a
few others.  Luckily, since it was a sell deal for me I wasn't out anything
other than the time I wasted on the order and on the followups - I still
have the parts.