 Marketplace / Services / 261
Re: Need help transfering $ from X to Paypal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 16:32:12 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Mark Sandlin writes:
Aren't X.com and Paypal the same thing?

Try typing "paypal.com" into your browser. It sends you to x.com

Then you should log into your account and click the "send money" button.

Is it more complicated than that, or do you have some kind of different
account?

It's way more complicated. You must not have both.

While it is true that PayPal, the corporate entity, is gradually being
subsumed by X, the corporate entity, the services are distinct. In fact, while
they both purported to serve very similar markets initially when they were
competitors, they are growing farther apart in their offerings over time, with
X focusing more on "finance" that is, more like a conventional checking
account with money market and index funds attached, and PayPal focusing more
on "transfer" with various movement mechanisms and account levels.

You can, and I do, have both an X and PayPal account. Logging into one does
not give you access to the other. I set up my X account as one of my PayPal
sources of funds and to do so I had to send a paper check to the PayPal
address... that check was a check that X gave me which I found funny at the
time but which proves that there wasn't much connection between them at the
time

Hope that helps. This is a FAQ, actually, IMNO.

++Lar