 Marketplace / Services / 112
Re: A _real_ currency converter!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.services
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 19:43:27 GMT

If you sell something for £50 with £10 s&h, Yahoo suggests that you want
$90.65 from your buyer, eBay $90.67 and Thomas Cook $105.03 including that
extra £5 charge...

TC use the tourist rate. People who buy from me know I use the rate the BBC
quote as this is the _actual_ rate (updated evey 15 minutes). See:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/business/market_data/default.stm

Right now it gives $1.509 for every £1. TC is only $1.48 for every £1.

There are a few Currency Calculator out on the web which use the actual rate,
perhaps the most trusted one is bloomberg:
http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/currency/currcalc.html

Larry P uses an other trusted one, but I forget what it is right now.

Scott A