 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 908
  Re: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on

I think this email update idea is terrible. Some people might not be at their computer that moment the availability is posted. It will lead to box sniping. I think we should just be stuck with the list as it is (fcfs). Maybe email the next recipient (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

  RE: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on

(...) Box sniping? Please define. Doug (24 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

Doug Finney wrote in message ... (...) He's making an analogy to auction sniping on places like eBay where people with nothing better to do with their time hover over auctions which are about to end, and chuck in a bid which might win the auction, (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)

Frank Filz wrote in message ... (...) the (...) I don't see this as a problem if people are restricted so as not to re-recieve a box before all those on the list have been accounted for, or perhaps not to receive the same box twice in say 3 months. (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general)