 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1664
Re: Jambalaya Mini-junk box #1 - New Idea for Jambalaya
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 18:25:05 GMT

Hi!

This looks like a good idea. I myself am looking for this.

I will look into what I have. At least some older white bricks (really old)
and some other stuff. Maybe also some blue roofpeiceses (bended).
Og and some broken hinges (old style 2 4x2 plates, but only one part).

What I am looking for:
1 broken 9V point.
1 trackpeice 9V.

As I _am_ going to dismantle these anyway, then already broken parts are
aprisiated.

Sonnich
www.geocities.com/sonnichj/lego/

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
Ok, having just came up with a new idea for a junk box, I'm getting
ready to start a new one. This will be a small box which should just
cost a buck or two to ship. What I'm looking for in people to sign up
is:

+ 0-3 (1) people who have a few parts they just can't bear to throw out
and who are willing to contribute the buck or two of postage to forward
the box along. You are allowed (and encouraged) to trade parts (but try
not to reduce the quantity, and no trading yellowed bricks for cool
parts). If you discover the mother lode (from your point of view) in the
box, you may elect to terminate the box early (in which case see
terminators below). If you just want significantly more parts than you
put back in, but there is still some good stuff in the box (if you want
to put in 3 parts, and decide to take 4 parts of some sort of kind of
generally similar "value", don't worry, you're just doing an "even"
trade), just toss a buck or two or three into the box and either the
next guy along can use it to pay for shipping, or the terminator can use
it to "boost" the contribution.

+ One final person who wants to get a bunch of parts no one else wants.
These parts will include nifty parts which are just past their prime,
there may also be some real losers. If the person is interested,
yellowed and/or mangled bricks and plates can be part of the mix. This
terminating person will make a contribution (based on the number of
people above who sign up) to Brickshelf, Lugnet, Toys for Tots, or some
other place which AFOLs would value. If Kevin or Todd are willing,
setting up a list of "Jambalaya contributors" would be nifty (if this is
done, I would request that the contribution specify who sent the bucks
and note the other folks who participated by contributing parts and
postage).

My goal here is to pass on some interesting parts which are just in too
bad shape for me to keep (many of them I've got plenty of in much better
shape), and get some donations made to Lugnet, Brickshelf, or some other
worthy cause (oh, Ldraw.org is another good choice).

Eligible parts are:

Broken parts (must either still be capable of connecting to some kind of
LEGO piece, or be possibly capable of being glued back together)
Windows with missing or broken glass
Warped, melted, or otherwise mangled parts
Very worn or discolored bricks and plates of "unusual" colors
Parts with interesting sticker that just aren't in prime shape
Parts which just don't seem terribly useful without that "other" part
(like half a hinge brick for a mundane example)
Minifig parts
Nice parts (not bricks) which just have been too well loved

Parts requiring interest from the "terminator" are:

Mangled basic bricks and plates in "normal" colors
Discolored basic bricks and plates in "normal" colors

Prohibited parts:

Clean like new condition parts (come on folks, the idea is to give
you're trash away, if you want to give away good useable parts, take 'em
to your church flea market or Goodwill, or something like that)
Clones (unless the "terminator" asks for them (but then we'll all needle
you a bit, but not too much, it's not nice to make fun of people you
know)

What you're allowed to do with the parts at the end:

Paint
Drill, cut, slide, fold, spindle, mutilate, melt...
Toss in the trash (you know, some parts really do belong in the trash,
if you collect junk parts and still feel like tossing something, I think
it deserves a decent burial...)
Gee, almost anything...

The most important rule of all:

Have fun!

If any one has any additional rules they would like to propose, or would
like to clarify or suggest modifying a rule, please do contribute, but
the general idea is to not put too much onto the rules, the idea is to
move some parts in poor condition along to someone who will appreciate
them and get some bucks to a worthy cause.

(1) Could be a few more people, but I don't want to pay the Post Office
too much just to accomplish this, if there are a lot of folks who want
to contribute junk parts, I would prefer to either start two boxes, or
encourage someone else to start one also (I'm thinking that 20-30 parts
or so will make a decent start).

FUT: lugnet.market.jambalaya

Frank