 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 9578
Re: RIS 1.5 for $160 US! FORGET IT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 14:30:14 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Ralph Hempel writes:
I knew it was too good to be true!

Apparently Hammacher-Schlemmer is blowing out the RIS1.5 at $US109.

This puts me at a bit of a disadvantage :-) especially after I figure
in shipping etc.

Actually, it's about the same price, since you're paying about $170 CDN after
taxes, which is about $112 USD.  Hammacher is a US-based shop, eh.  :-)

I have three sets on order, and I'm deliberating whether to cancel or not.  I
doubt that Future Shop will get the stock in anyway, since the RIS 1.5 is likely
no longer being manufactured, and Lego is probably just blowing the remaining
stock out.  My Future Shop order is marked as "Special Order From Manufacturer,"
for what it's worth....

-Roy