 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 9573
9572  |  9574
Subject:
Lower buy quantities instituted at my Brickbay shop
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 18:56:07 GMT

Well, I'm back and settled in after the holidays so I'm going to try this
out for a limited time.

For now I have lowered the buy quantities on the vast majority (excepting
mostly basic bricks and teeny tiny 1x1 round plates) of parts in my
inventory.  In fact most parts can now be bought in quantities of 1 or more.

This is really a test for me.  Several people have asked for it, so now
we'll get to see if there are enough orders to support doing it again in the
future.  If there are I will most likely still follow the type of schedule I
did before, i.e. first offering parts in bulk quantities, then discounting
them (possibly more than once), then lowering quantities.

I've already received one order (thanks!) before this announcement, so
here's the URL of my Brickbay Shop:

http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=mike

Please note two things:

1) Postal rates increased yesterday across the board.  Priority Mail now
costs $3.50 for up to 1 pound, $3.95 for up to 2 pounds.  A good many of the
sub $20 orders I receive end up being under 1 pound.

2) For orders with onesies and twosies of certain parts I will pack them in
a slightly different manner than is my normal procedure.  Normally when
someone buys parts, since they're buying all of one part from me, I pack
each lot in its own Ziplock bag.  Ziplock's actually cost money, though, and
I just can't use them up at the rate of (potentially) one bag per one part,
so I will be combining partial lots into one bag.