 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 953
Re: Paying in foreign currency
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 19:45:05 GMT

Send an International Money Order: You can buy these at a US post
office. Cost is fairly reasonable for her. In the UK you should not have
much trouble cashing it. Check to see if you have to pay a fee and
charge her that. In OZ, it seems that it costs quite a bit to cash
these.

I can't believe it - I just tried to find out about these. The post
office in the UK said it had stopped doing them and to try the banks.
My bank - well to be honest, I'm not sure they knew IMOs were. They
said I could do a direct telegraphic transfer of funds, or they could pay
a cheque into my bank account. Both of them expensive. That's it.

*growl*

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com