 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 9507
Re: Reputation-off Ebay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 14:49:16 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Jonathan Lopes writes:
Has anyone ever done unsecured business (off EBAY etc.) with "Bricklord"
in Canada? He has an impressive feedback rating, a couple of negatives.
He's got some sets I want to purchase but I am leery of sending the cash to
"nowhere".
I suggested this to him & also suggested a "Buy it Now" auction to close the
deal but await his response to that suggestion.

any comments?

It depends on the size of the purchase...

For small (where small is your own personal number), just send the money, if
it goes awry, publicise a bit (give only the facts, no judgements) and give
negative feedback.

For medium, ask for references of people who are well known on Lugnet. If
he's done much LEGO business, some of his previous traders will be
Lugnetters. Ask them (check them out too, of course) what they experienced.
Make sure they're buyers, not sellers.

For large, consider using an escrow service or my trusted intermediary
service. These add considerable complexity and cost.