 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 9484
Re: Brickbay problems...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 10:49:29 GMT

IE 4 is not good for sites with Java, it really doesn't like them... I
suggest you upgrade to 5, its much better, I haven't had any problems with
it...

-------------------------
   cg-88@home.com
-------------------------
   IG-88 was nothing!
CG-88 is all-powerful!!!

Tony Priestman <Tony@you-rang.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
On Sat, 23 Dec 2000, Mike Stanley (<G60Cyu.GM9@lugnet.com>) wrote at
06:35:18

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Fred Carcanague writes:
Every time I try to goto Brickbay IE4.72 crashes big time. This is the • only
website that does this that I've visited. It happens anywhere on the
Brickbay site. If anyone could send me the email address of the • webmaster to
see what I can do to fix this so I can use the site. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

I didn't know there was an IE 4.72.  That sounds more like a Netscape
Communicator version number.

Regardless, though, if you actually *are* using a 4.x version of Internet
Explorer you need to upgrade anyway.  I've never had a problem viewing
Brickbay or any other site with IE 5.01 or IE 5.5, both of which I use on • a
regular basis.

You don't need to upgrade.

I'm using IE4.72 as well, and I can access Brickbay. You may need to
play around with the settings, though.

I believe the problem lies in the javascript. At least that was what I
was told when I emailed admin@brickbay.com.

I've found that direct links don't work too well, but if I go to the
home page first, then to the shop I want, it usually works ok.
--
Tony Priestman