 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 9137
Re: Discounts at James Brown's Parts Sale have started!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 00:22:18 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, James Brown writes:

Please note that I have changed the minimum order numbers.  If you want one
of something, you have to get all of them.

Aiieee!  It's the Stanley Syndrome!  ;-)

Apologies, but I'm getting tired
of counting out 43 filbertflanges from a bag of 200.

I sympathize:  the main reason I still haven't gotten my Brickbay stall open
is the hassle of counting them as they go *into* the bags in the first place.

I'm not sure if I'm
going to keep doing this for future sales or not.

I'm going to follow Darryl's lead for some parts,  and have both bulk and
onesies:  "Two for a nickel,  but a dime a dozen".

For others (most notably,  the wheels from several Technic sets I bought for
beams and plates),  I'll sell sets:  I bagged the wheels and tires together as
I parted out each 8213,  and that's how they'll go out.

For the rest,  it'll probably be 1-per-lot for the expensive parts,  and large
lots for parts like pins and bushings.

The price and number of parts in the lot have a lot to do with how well the
"all or nothing" strategy works:  if you're well below the market price,  you
can sell lots that are much bigger than the typical purchase.  If not,  only
someone desperate for huge quantities (or in need of a rarity) is likely to
undertake the hassle of getting rid of any possible excess.

For example,  even though Mike's lots usually set pretty quickly,  he had a
bag of 40 9x13 Castle gates sitting on the shelf for months.  The price wasn't
especially competitive,  and there aren't many castles that can use 40 gates
(They did sell,  eventually.  I guess someone is building a zoo.  Or a maximum
security prison  ;-)

Ran