 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8771
Re: BrickBay down??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 06:49:07 GMT

Brickbay is hosted at Interland on a shared server.  Their network is down
from time to time which usually lasts about 10 - 20 minutes.  You might also
get a "Server too busy" message.  Unfortunately if a website that is hosted
on the same server as Brickbay receives a lot of traffic and/or contains
inefficient code, it can slow down or bring down the server and all websites
including Brickbay are affected.  There is nothing I can do about this
except to upgrade to a dedicated server.  I e-mailed the webhost to ask them
how much it would cost but if it is too high, we might just have to live
with the current setup.

P.S.  I've had to put in a lot of overtime at work these past few weeks
including whole weekends and sometimes have to go to work as early as 4:00am
and get home as late as 11:00pm so I haven't responded to a lot of e-mails.
This might go on for another couple weeks or even months so there won't be
very many features introduced and only fixes will go in if there are any
problems.

- Dan