 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 86
Re: Where to buy robot parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 16:17:02 GMT

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998 00:28:42 GMT, "Tony" <nospam@pittarese.com> wrote:

I've ordered a Mindstorms set from Lego Shop at Home which hasn't yet
arrived.  I'm wondering, though, where can I get sets of other components to
work with this set.

Like all of Lego, it all works together. For building robots, you
should look at some of the Technic sets. The 8480 Space Shuttle
(http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8480) is full of gears,
motors and lots of building material, and it is a great model by
itself.
I started with the 8062 - Universal Set with Storage Case
(http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8062) which is still
available and gives you a lot of building potential and lots of good
parts.
Dacta has some special kits for classroom use. More details on
www.pitsco.com (although I could not get a connection just now)

____
|oooo| Cheers,
|oooo| Wouter van Wageningen