 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8337
Re: Redux of Moonbase Beta-1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 06:15:48 GMT

[Theme-based newsgroups snipped,  since this is all about
deal-hunting]

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000 00:54:14, "Rick Hallman"
<Sephiroths@REMOVEHotmail.com> wrote:

Thousands of white bricks
Thousands of red bricks (for trim)

Your best bet on these may be to buy 3033 tubs,  and sell/swap the
ones you don't want.

Thousands of Grey bricks

Probably bulk packs from Lego Direct for these:  it's really hard to
find them cheaper,  because they
weren't in any bulk tubs,  and not as common as other colors in sets.

thousands of grey plates (6x >6)

Your probably want to look for Grey Plate Service Packs on
closeout,  but I haven't done the math.

hundreds of Click hinge pieces for ATPT/ATST legs.

For anything from SW sets,  check www.sanburnsystems.com first:  Scott
nearly always has the best prices on them.

For the stormtroopers,  you should consider saving up your pennies,
and sucking up as many of <set:7128> as you can during the
post-holiday clearance sales.  When they hit half-price,  it becomes
practical to buy them just for the figs,  and set up a Brickbay stall
to sell the other parts.

You also need to become a master of the "advanced search" engine on
Brickbay.  If I were tackling a project of this scale,  I'd probably
take a shot at writing some Perl scripts to automate the searching,
because you'll want to check often.

Ran