 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 7186
Re: To Sell or Trade?: Boxes from 1970s / early 80s
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 04:31:08 GMT

As a follow-up, here are some details:

I have 12 boxes, emphasis on *boxes*.  These aren't complete sets, they're just
the boxes and cardboard or plastic inserts.  I undoubtedly have the pieces and
instructions as well, I usually took pretty good care of my Lego; but I'm
really only interested in selling the cardboard wrapper just now. :)

Since I've heard people arguing before over "mint" versus "poor" versus
whatever, I'll tell you my standards:  These boxes are all shelf-worn.  They
universally have wear at the corners, as you might expect.  Most have
compression or crease marks at stress points from being stacked; Many have
small tears near the flaps from being opened by an overexcited child (me).

I'll rate them as follows:
A - no tears noticed, unscuffed faces, etc.
B - small tears or creases, otherwise pretty good
C - wear more apparent - paper may have browned slightly, or scuffing on faces.

Here goes: