 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 7096
Re: 8480 MISB Shuttle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 23:18:13 GMT

You'd have to have a lot of 8480's to trade for one 5571 mate.  One just
wouldn't be enough - it's good but I wouldn't rate it that highly.  Even
MISB ...

There would be a few sets that would be worthwhile trading for it, but you
might want to consider asking for other sets besides a 5571.

As a comparison 5571 has a piece count of 1743, while the 8480 has only 1366
pieces ...  A lot of the 5571's pieces go into formative shape design for
the hood and other parts of the truck, while most of the Shuttle pieces form
a role in the Technic linkups, gearbox, etc. and do not contribute a lot to
the form of the Shuttle itself.

I could go on for ages, but if you *do* get someone willing to trade for
one, good luck making the deal!  I've built a 5571 myself, and it is a
*monster* set.  They are very hard to find in stores, but with luck you
might pick one up somewhere or you might win one off ebay, like I did.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

Jason Briscoe <jason-shirley@briscoej.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
Is anyone interested in buying a MISB Technic Shuttle for $90 USD plus
shipping for the UK? If so please e.mail me. I would also consider trades • for
Model team Trucks such as 5571, or any 9v train stuff?

Regards,

Jakey(UK)