 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 5397
Re: WTB/WTT: LegoPirate SHip Mast & Rigging Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 19:53:59 GMT

"David M. Jones" wrote:

Hello All,
    I am currently looking for the mast base (I need two) from the 6285 -
Blackseas Baracuda. The piece is a 4x4 Black plate with a 2x2 Round tube
extending perpendicular to the plate about 11 Bricks high. Again, I need at
least 2 of these, probably actually 3 of them.  I also need about 5 of the
brown, rope ladder rigging pieces from the set.  These pieces were also
included on the 6274 - Carribean Clipper, and 6270 - Forbidden Island.  Will
entertain the best offers only, trade or sell.

Dave-

If you're looking to extend mast base sections, another (cheaper) option is
2x2x11 column pieces from many recent sets (esp. 6097)--I used three on my
recent _Gloire_ and it came out splendidly; you can see for yourself here:

http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/Gloire.html

They're also taller than the BSB/RBR base segments, and once rigged up the masts
are pretty stable.  You might even want to consider mixing the two types, if you
can't get enough mast base segments--they're pretty unusual and will be
expen$ive, if an owner is willing to part with one (for example, I just got my
first one serendipitously a week ago, and I've been after one for five years).

Good luck in any case!

best

Lindsay

(sorry to all in b-s-t for the minor drift here...and the blatant homepage plug
;) FUT -> .build)