 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 4582
Re: James Brown's Parts Sale, Mark II
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 01:17:54 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, James Brown writes:
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/sale.html

OK, several folks came back to me with confusion over the start time, so I've
updated the webpage to read as follows:
  "Parts will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis, starting at 12:01 AM,
Saturday February 12th (2000), Mountain Standard Time."

I've also had several people point out that my prices are low, and that odds
are most parts are probably going to go in the first couple hours.

This is intentional.  The reason I'm running a sale is because I'm not overly
interested in profit(1), and because I don't want to deal with the hassle of
either running an auction, or having someone else run it for me.

Given that, I think that a first-come, first-served sale, at a start time
announced several days ahead(2), is the most "fair" way of doing it.

Am I out to lunch here, or was I just not clear enough at the beginning?

(follow-ups set to market.theory, it seems most logical)

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/

1:I'm doing this to recoup cost, mostly.  I won't object if I make money, but
since I keep the vast majority of these sets, I certainly don't expect to.
2:Albeit in a confusing way, apparantly.