 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 4254
Re: WTB: 5077 Sliding doors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 20:09:30 GMT

Oh, I wouldn't expect to grab all of a person's stock, that wouldn't be fair.  I have no
problem interleaving my requests with others.   The only time I'd want all of a person's
stock is if they had 4 or less - to make a decent boxcar, I really need 4 doors per car
(though I can "suffer" with 2 per car initially and add the other pair later).  But I can
certainly take my time and build a car every few months, if that is what it takes.  It's just
that sooner or later, I want 10-20 boxcars (after all, how many times do you see a freight
locomotive pulling less than dozens of cars, except when moving them around a freight yard?).

I REALLY think Lego Direct needs to sell these boxcar doors and slider plates, I'm sure
they'd sell 100s or 1000s within the first week.

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Tom Stangl, VFAQman wrote:

At least you have 4 sets to make a car or 2 ;-)  I own a total of ONE white door with 2
rails.  And it made me hungry for more!

Besides, I know better than to compete with you in an auction, ESPECIALLY after my CC
bill came in this month.  I may have hit 5 digits this month, ouch.  Time to Ebay off
the sets I've been piling up.

Ya me too. My point is just that lining up politely is all well and good
for small quantities but when we start stating we want a gazillion, I'd
rather we see how serious that need is. I am willing to pay a handsome
price for a few more. I don't think I need 40 pairs, though, and I'd
hate to see the entire stock scarfed up by one person without a chance
for the sellers to make a bit more coin.

I really DO doubt that there are 40 sets extant owned by one person that
wants to sell.