 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 423
422  |  424
Subject:
Comments (especially) and buyers wanted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 23:33:06 GMT

Well, I've been playing with forms.  Kinda new to me, I must admit, so
I'd like some input.  If you also want to buy some of the parts I have
for sale in this admittedly small sale, that'll be a bonus.

I had Rachael look at this the other day and she says she thinks
people would like being able to choose a specific number of a part
over being forced to take pre-set lots.  I assume that's true for most
everyone?

I just had her look at my altered form and we both think it is better
than the one I used before.  Main reason is the only thing the user
has to enter into this one with respect to what he wants to buy is the
quantity - all the items are listed in the drop-down menus.  If I knew
a way to make a range of numbers available in a drop-down menu I'd do
that too.  Maybe I'll learn how.

Anyway, maybe if people take a look at this and it spawns some
discussion it should be moved over to .publish, but I figured it was
appropriate to start it here.

Can't believe nobody's commented on the domain name yet.  Sorry for
the sale being the only thing there so far under /lego, but I
literally got the domain registered Friday, so I haven't had a lot of
time.  I think I'll also put up a /games and /linux site as well,
since, for me anyway, Guarded Inn is a pretty cool name that doesn't
necessarily have to be just about Lego stuff.

Here's the address:

http://www.guarded-inn.com/lego/auction/mini-ww.htm

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)