 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 362
Re: URLs in posts (was Re: Misc LEGO elements for sale or trade
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 19:10:40 GMT

Linc Smith wrote:

Fredrik Glöckner wrote in message ...

Really?  This has my quite surprised, as the second one is actually the
proposed standard according to RFC 1738.  It is supposed give the UAs a
better chance of distinguishing between URLs and other data structures
in plain text.  It is also supposed to work for broken lines, so this
URL should be clickable: <URL:http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/htbin/rfc/
rfc1738.html>.  Dunno if it works, though.

Didn't work for me either with Netscape 4.5.

It doesn't.  Comments form others would be good.  Although I always like a
sample size of one (if the sample includes me) it is not very scientific.

A)  <URL:http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/htbin/rfc/rfc1738.html>

B) http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/htbin/rfc/rfc1738.html

C) <http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/htbin/rfc/rfc1738.html>

LINC