 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 3511
  Re: Good Trader List proposed

One thing which can be a problem with a "good trader" list is the implication that if you're not on the list, you're a bad trader. I see this a lot with eBay. How do you get yourself started (a big part of my suggestion - don't kick off with your (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Good Trader List proposed

(...) Actually, I'd rather like the idea of a comprehensive list, rather than an exclusively bad or exclusively good list. For example, let's say Joe X. is a "bad" trader. Suppose 14 people have dealt with Joe and have all gotten burned. If he (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Good Trader List proposed

(...) I suppose what you are saying Frank is "what is a good trader"? To me a good trader is somebody who when a deal has went wrong, does all he can to sort it out. Example: I bought a complete "6278" at a very fair price around a month ago. 1 of (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Good Trader List proposed

I am cutting into the conversation with a comment on a "good trader" I have had dealings with. I have searched through my personal database of terms to describe this person, and the only thing I can come up with in six words or less is: Scott Arthur (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Good Trader List proposed

Just to confuse matters even more... Recently I ran an auction on eBay to sell an 'Android Base'. The high bidder had less that favorable feedback. Rather than just toss in the towel, I made sure my intentions (as the seller) were clear and (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)