 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 3427
Re: Does anybody know how much the pirate babe is worth?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 19:30:11 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Mike Stanley writes:
*Biggles* <timmccarthy@mediaone.net> wrote:

I just dug up a pirate damsel and I'm wondering if she compares to the
forest wench. The pirate is probably only as valuable as any other pirate but
you can never tell with LEGO woman. So if you know her value please E-Mail
me.

If you want to offer one for sale, do it.  Then you'll find out how
much that particular minifig is "worth".

Is this the correct newsgroup to ask such questions? Or are such questions
generally annoying?

I wanted to ask the general relative worth of a few items, that I have an idea
are 'valuable', as I don't need them and I was thinking of trading them. While
it is true that if both parties are happy with a trade then that's fine, but I
don't want feel as if I've been taken advantage of, if for example I find out
that I should have asked for double what I did. Which of course, is my fault
for my imperfect knowledge :)

But still I have the feeling that Lego, in particular, should be
newbie-friendly.

None of us have a price guide sitting in front of us, and how much
something is "worth" depends on a whole lot of things.

True, but an individual might have a pretty accurate idea; in which case it is
up to them whether they want to impart their knowledge. In the mean-time I'll
do some more research, but it'd be nice to know whether it is acceptable to ask
for advice in this area!

Richard