 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 223
222  |  224
Subject:
Big Box of My childhood Lego: QUESTION
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 00:25:50 GMT

I have recently gotten back into Lego.  I am now solely interested in the
Technic line.  When I was younger and playing with Lego I had mostly space
and castle (and town?) (mid/late 70's to early 80's).

When I was home last I searched out, and found, my box of childhood Lego.  I
now would like to sell (trade) off my collection to buy more of what I am
interested in (Technic).  My question is this.  Given that there is no
instructions or boxes, are the sets I had (indicated by parents and photos)
worth anything as a whole model, or should I just auction off the pieces in
broad categories like space wing elements, space accessories, castle arches,
mini-figs, windows, shutters, and doors, etc.?  I mean anyone could make a
expensive set from new parts given that the set contained no unique ones...
right?

Is a set (without the instructions and box)  worth anything more than the
just pieces that make up that set?

Maybe models in this state would be worth less because of the small and
varied part-lots?

Insight is appreciated!!!

LINC

I have a great photo of me and my sister chasing each other around with
Galaxy Explorers in each of our hands. Augh!