 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17705
Re: June 2009 Brickmania new kit releases
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 25 May 2009 17:32:54 GMT

More images...

The fifth prototype model from which my SdKfz 251 kit was developed. There are some slight difference (mostly in colors) in the actual kit because I do not yet posses all the pieces that will make up the kit.

The kit is available for $60 (plus shipping) from http://www.brickmania.com

The underside of the 251 reveals how the wheels are attached to the model body. The actual kit uses some different pieces (and colors!) but you can get the idea of how it works from this photo. Also note the front wheels are posable. The Technic angle connector can be used as a towing mount for an artillery piece or trailer.

A look in the hull at the driver’s position. The hinges that hold the hull sides on are black and gray in the actual model. The antenna on the kit is also dark gray rather than black.

That hand ax is black in the kit version.

The prototype used to create my new SAS Jeep kit. Small differences are as follows:

1. Kit versions will (probably) come with brown hats. 2. The shovel attached to the side of the jeep is missing in the photo.

This kit comes with three http://www.brickarms.com Lewis Guns. Brodie "soup bowl" helmets will soon be available from BrickArms as well (you will have to order them separately).

This kit is available to order now at http://www.brickmania.com

The jeeps would be used in long range attacks across the desert against vulnerable enemy targets such as supply convoys and aircraft on the ground. These jeeps were commonly armed with Lewis and Vickers machine guns on an anti-aircraft mount.

There are several documented examples of SAS jeeps being equipped with Browning .50 cal heavy machine guns. This fearsome weapon was capable of destroying all but the most heartily armored vehicles.

This is the model I used as the basis for my M3A1 Stuart tank kit. This is the general arrangement of the kit version with the following exceptions made to reflect parts availability and an attempt to lower the kit:

1. Mud flaps and headlights removed. 2. Different hinges used for the front fenders. 3. No "treasure chest" 4. Headlight bricks and 1x1 round plates removed from the blanked out 30 cal. MG ports on the side sponsons. 5. Army driver rather than USMC. 6. Decal not included (unless I can source them cheap!). 7. Lower hull and suspension is new dark blay on kit version. 8. Tiles on glacias (hull front) replaced with plates.

Most of these things can easily be added to the kit with an order from Bricklink.

Order information at http://www.brickmania.com

An idea of how the road wheels are attached on my M3A1 model. This same arrangement can also be used for the M5 and M8 HMC.

Currently the rarest of all Brickmania kits. #1 was a birthday present to my daughter and kits 2-9 were sent to category winners of the recent Custom Brick Community Building Contest. All 10 original kits were red and came with Agent "98." Production kits are now available and will be sent in random colors and random agents. More information at http://www.brickmania.com