 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17452
17451  |  17453
Subject:
Model Team, Star Wars, Technic, Castle and Ninja sets for sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2007 23:27:36 GMT

Hello,

I have the following sets I am interested in selling before I move.  I am moving
in a few weeks so in the interest of making sure the transactions are complete
before I move to avoid any fears of shady business dealings, I am going to limit
initial sales for one week.  Anything not sold by then, I’ll wait till I get to
my new location unless the person offering to purchase sets doesn’t mind me only
having a future general location.  I’ll keep track of any offers after that on
remaining inventory and see if the person is still interested when I get settled
in Washington.

I am not sure what is a reasonable price to set for these so I’ll entertain
reasonable offers.  The following asking prices are loosely based on bricklink
prices and crosschecked with ebay, which wasn’t really that helpful.  Asking
prices include shipping within the US.

These sets were purchased used from someone on RTL several years ago:

5590 Whirl N' Wheel Super Truck $100
most of the stickers have been applied and the door stickers are pealing

5591 Mach II Red Bird Rig / Mach II Red Bird $140
most of the stickers have not been applied, was missing 2x2 round white brick
used for the steering mechanism in the main model, I replaced it with a gray 2x2
round brick

The following sets have been stored in closets in my humid apartment in New
Orleans.  As a result the outside surfaces have a thin film of dust and possibly
mildew giving an added meaning to shelf wear.  They look ok but you can feel
something’s there.  All of the boxed sets have been stored closed and the
insides of the few mentioned sets seem just fine.  Just mentioning this because
I don’t think I can say they are mint if that is a concern to potential buyers.
Any suggestions for cleaning them would be appreciated, as you can’t hose down
cardboard boxes with 409.  All sets are new in sealed boxes unless otherwise
noted.

Star Wars
7161 Gungan Sub $80
7121 Naboo Swamp $20
7111 Droid Fighter $8 ($5 if purchased with other sets)

Technic
8456 Fiber Optic Multi Set $70
one seal broken, parts still in sealed bags

Castle
6044 King's Carriage $40
6078 Royal Drawbridge $50
6079 Dark Forest Fortress $150
6046 Hemlock Stronghold X2 $70

Ninja
3053 Emperor's Stronghold $150
one seal broken, parts still in sealed bags
6093 Flying Ninja's Fortress $200
top panel unsealed, parts still in sealed bags

Thanks