 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17045
Re: Minifigs, bricks, and spanned bricks engraved
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 07:07:14 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Eric Sophie wrote:
Hey Tommy, just a quick note:

I proudly wear my Brick Badge when I do local art shows and exhibits.
People always ask about them. I like them because they are colorful and unique.

Thank you so much for the wonderful service you provide.
Your Brick Badges are always a hit, plus they make for great memories of the
times we had when we fans get together.

Here's to you!

P.S. Wow, now Mini-fig torsos?! That is so very cool!

Thanks for the kudos, always like kudos.

The idea of your stuff actually being in art gallery shows, I think speaks a
great deal about your work. I am kind of a non-LEGO LEGO person. Since my little
service kind of spans all the different groups, I get the privilege to interact
with them all to a certain extent, and see the breadth of creativity and
craftsmanship. And there really is a lot of it in this community. I do think it
is about time for it to evangelize a bit more and bring in more converts with
more diverse perspectives.

I think Joe and his BrickJournal might just be the medium to help bring it
about. I can imagine somebody at a Barnes and Noble seeing his magazine and
taking it back to the table and reading say an article on you or one of the
other true craftsman, with his cup of coffee--seeing an article that hits his
chord, and voila--hooked. Or at least made aware of the fact that a diverse
group of truly creative people exists connected by a little plastic brick.

Tommy