 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 16962
Re: Rail Runner Update (was Re: One New Train in Two Liveries-- Your opinion)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 2005 20:25:57 GMT

--SNIP--
   Again, thinking about LEGO Train Factory, what if we aren’t allowed to submit things that resemble prototypical livery? Does anyone know if there are any railroads that don’t mind if you use their livery without getting a license? What about fallen flags?

I suspect that recreating a livery out of bricks would be very hard to prosecute as it is an artistic interpratation rather than a direct copy of copyrighted and/or trademarked intellectual property.

That said, it would probably depend on the accuracy, but I doubt we will have too much trouble in six and even eight wide.

My thoughts,

Tim