 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 16591
16590  |  16592
Subject:
Rare LEGO Mindstorms Trade Show Launch Promotional Materials
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 05:00:51 GMT

A unique LEGO Mindstorms promotional kit & trade show booth launch items from
1999.  Asking $100 + UPS or USPS shipping or best offer.  Money only.  No
trades, please.

Sherman, set the Way Back Machine:

In Spring 1999, Switzer Communications, the PR firm launching LEGO Mindstorms,
approached 8 movie effects/fighting robot builders & gave them a ton of
Mindstorms, Technic, & other sets & asked them to build fighting robots for the
2-day LEGO Mindstorms RoboGladiators event @ the E3 trade show in May 1999.

It was so fun helping to launch Mindstorms:
http://infernolab.com/projectfiles/2a.html

The best overall report of the event is at my friend Dan's site:
http://teamdelta.com/roboglad/index.html

I have some unique promotional items from that event that I'm selling.

1: A 34.5" wide x 15" tall x 1/16" thick photograph scene depicting a bunch of
Throwbots as the "audience" to our battles.  These lines the robot arena.
Here's an AP Newswire shot of me controlling my RoboGladiator--note Throwbot
"audience" panels:
http://infernolab.com/mediafiles/2anewswire.html

More action shots of the event:
http://infernolab.com/galleryfiles/2agallery.html#e3

Picture of the panel I have for sale:
http://www.infernolab.com/ebay/mindstormspromo3.jpg

There are a few brown spots on the bottom that don't wipe off:
http://www.infernolab.com/ebay/mindstormspromo4.jpg

2: A 21" wide x 16.5" tall x 1/8" thick photograph scene of a bunch of LEGO
Technic elements (gears, pipes, wheels, etc.).  These were lined around the
outside walls of the arenas.  There was a 2nd arena showing the Star Wars Droid
Developer set--R2D2 was running around, bumping into the walls.

A few shows barely showing these outside panels:
http://teamdelta.com/roboglad/m04.jpg
http://teamdelta.com/roboglad/20.jpg
http://teamdelta.com/roboglad/31.jpg

Picture of the panel I have for sale (a couple of edge/corner flaws on this
one):
http://www.infernolab.com/ebay/mindstormspromo1.jpg

3: LEGO Mindstorms Bumper Sticker, 20" wide x 3" tall.  This would look soooo
cool on your car.  Very slight curling but it will definitely go flat if you
stick to something.
http://www.infernolab.com/ebay/mindstormspromo2.jpg

4: Press kit/folder with flyer, press release, & 14 fact sheets about LEGO,
Mindstorms, & more.  These are in near-perfect condition.  The folder has
ever-so-slight wear on the edges.

http://www.infernolab.com/ebay/mindstormspromo5.jpg
http://www.infernolab.com/ebay/mindstormspromo6.jpg
http://www.infernolab.com/ebay/mindstormspromo7.jpg

I can provide more or higher-res pictures if interested.

I don't visit Lugnet very often--please see my eBay rating to see my record of
internet transactions:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=jasonbar

Please contact me at: dante@infernolab.com

Thank you
-Jason

PS--no, my nice metal ruler does not come with these items!  :]