 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 15883
15882  |  15884
Subject:
Lions Gate Models - Website reorganisation, Xmas gift, new greys in kits, Brickfest PDX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 01:17:31 GMT

Hi there,

Website Reorganisation

I've just been through the Lions Gate Models website and done a
reorganisation and spiff-up, in an effort to make it more clear which kits
are available Right Now (in other words, I have them on the shelf in stock)
and which are available but only to Special Order, (i.e. I have to order
some of the parts before I can get them out to you). I'd appreciate any
feedback on whether the product catalog page, in particular, now makes more
sense ( http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/prodcat.htm ).  I've also added a
batch of new Testimonials to the testimonials page
(http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/testimon.htm ) and to the individual kit
pages.

Xmas gift for you

Having done that, and being on a roll, I decided that with Xmas coming I
wanted to make up a little something as a gift to my customers. So, if you
order between now and Dec 24th, I will send with your order a *special*
instructions CD with new never-before-seen-on-CD instructions! Specifically,
the Tank Engine Train Set (http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-tset.htm ), a
grey and yellow version of the Victorian House (build a whole street full in
different colors!) and a yellow pickup truck which never became a kit (it
still might in the future, I have some of the parts.... ). This applies to
Bricklink parts orders as well as kit orders, so even if you don't need a
kit right now, please take a look at what I have available in my Bricklink
store at ( http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1 ).

New grey colors from TLC

As many of you will have seen on LUGNET or Bricklink, the LEGO company is
changing its light grey and dark grey colors. (If you haven't seen the
discussions, see here: http://news.lugnet.com/lego/?n=533 ). In a nutshell,
the existing light and dark grey colors, and brown, are being replaced by
new not-quite-the-same colors. All new products starting with the 2004 sets
will be produced with the new colors. During the transition time it's going
to be difficult to know what colors we will get when we buy a retail (or
S@H) set, and not all elements will be available in the new colors. This is
going to be more than a little awkward from a custom kit production
viewpoint. I am still working out how to handle this - the one thing I can
definitely say is that any kit I produce will have consistent colors eg all
new light grey or all old light grey, and I will specify which is being used
so that you know exactly what you're getting. If you have opinions on how
you would like to see me handle this, please let me know and I will take
your wishes into consideration.

The current kit most likely to be affected by this is the Light Grey Facade
( http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-gfac.htm ), of course, which is 90%
light grey. At the moment I have 3 of these kits in stock but I have no idea
how light grey availability will be when I come to do another run, or
whether I will have to increase the price due to price increases of
old-light-grey parts on Bricklink.

Brickfest PDX

If you're planning on attending Brickfest PDX in Portland, OR Feb 13-15
2004, come and say Hi, because I'll be there too! Don't know what I'm
talking about? See here: http://pdx.brickfest.com/index.php

Happy building

Kevin
Railroad Depot kit: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-rrd.htm