 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 15854
Re: Woodfield Mall Pick A Brick update!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 05:07:24 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Lindsay Frederick Braun wrote:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Jeff Reuland wrote:
Thanks for the update.

Those 1x1 red trans. tiles are great fillers for the PAB cups!

3 trips to Woodfield so far.

Next one soon......................

Hey, just leave enough for me to get a couple of
cups; it's looking to be one of the highlights of
my swing out to the East Coast in mid-December!

Or don't... LFB (and his minion(s)) tend to swoop in to Target/Kmart/WalMart
clearances (etc) and glomp everything they can get their hands on before the
true locals actually get a chance.

   Read the above as:

   LFB (clearly in league with eee-vil) has for a few years swooped in
   on *Larry's* Target/K-Mart/Wal-Mart and glomped about 3/4 of what was
   there. :)

   Watch out; I got back from South Africa on Thursday, and I'm
   back until mid-January...

   Don't forget that I am, in fact, a local when it comes to
   SE Michigan.  I just have the pleasant ability to go raiding on
   weekdays, which gives me first grab at my localities.  I also
   don't have any minions, unless you mean those who I let know
   about finds (or, in one case, Eric Brouwer, who I met at
   Northland completely by chance).  This is the good side of being
   an academic, but the jury's still out as to whether or not it
   makes up for being paid peanuts.

So taking all the stock so he gets none strikes me as just desserts. :-) Let him
pay markup on someone else's finds for once! :-) :-)

   Have you already forgotten all the light grey lattice girders I
   bought from you?  ;)  Now *that* bulk find of soccer sets was a
   windfall I could only dream of.  Anyways, I've been doing plenty
   of power-buying on Bricklink during my time away, so I'm definitely
   paying my dues.

   (And I'm not seriously worried about the pick-a-brick, given that
   LEGO can surely fill the bins nearly as fast as NELUG can drain 'em.)

   best

   LFB