 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 1471
Re: Collect comics? Buy them with Lego.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 15:39:18 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

Christopher L. Weeks <c576653@cclabs.missouri.edu> wrote:
Hi all,

I am selling my comic collection on eBay.  As of the time of this note,
I have about half of the 80 lots posted.  On each item, I note that I
would be interested in accpting payment in Lego in lieu of cash, and
figured that I should mention it here too.

If you want to check out what I have, see http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=petgametoymac

Hrmmm..... interesting.

I'm not into comics anymore, thank goodness, but you do have a few
lots that I might be interested in, just for nostalgia's sake.

I know what you mean.  I decided to keep about 1/4 of the collection
even though I haven't looked at them in eight years.

How are you planning on working out the trades?  Say I have a set that
you want (not really sure what you're looking for) - do we agree on a
value for that set and then bid that much on eBay?

Yeah, I was figuring something like that.  If you have (for example) an
Imperial Trading Post complete with instructions (I could care less
about the box) I might say "Oh, I value that at $120" and you would then
bid at will in my comics auctions and spend the 6277 as the first $120 -
making up any extra with cash.  I'm not sure how we would work out
change, since I'm short on $$ right now.  In any case, we'd have to talk.

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks
central Missouri, USA