 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 1413
Re: Payment to the UK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 20:59:59 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Rob Doucette writes:
Can someone help me out here?  There has to be a cheaper way to send money
order payments in international currencies than the US$8 #/?!!#@$%$%$*** 50
that the United States Post Office requires (for payment to the UK as well
as someother countries).  My bank (First Union, not a small one!!) requires
a $20 fee.  There has got to be an easier way, without costing folks on both
sides of the transaction a small fortune.  It would be cheaper for the
postage to send rolls of pennies...

-Rob Doucette.

hi,

if you live close to canadian border you might be tempted to drive up north.
Here it cost only 4$ Can to send a MO to the UK. And international MO for
almost all other country cost only 5$ (still CAN$). Hey that thing like that
that make you proud to have a single maple leaf on your flag instead of 1 2 3
4... well... , a whole bunch of star ;-)

Martin