 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 14124
Re: LOTS of pieces wanted/needed! Can anyone help?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 21:56:09 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Brendan Coughlin writes:
Hi everyone!

Okay, I have a LONG list of pieces that I need.  However, the problem is
that I want to buy as many from one person as possible.  Bricklink is great,
but I find it difficult to look for the piece I need when I don't know the
name of it and just by stating color does not narrow things down.  I do not
want to go to one store to see they have one piece, and then go through
30,000 other pieces they have to see if they have any more on my list.  SO,
here is my list and hopefully some people will be able to help me out.  I
shall try and do the best to explain them as I can.  Work with me!  :-)

<snip>

Hi Brendan,

  One thing you might want to try is making a "want list" at Brickbay.  Then
Brickbay gives you the option of looking at your want list by store - They
will list them in the order of "who has the most parts on my list".

Also, when trying to identify a part, there are two excellent resources:
Partsref (Steve Bliss), hosted here on Lugnet, is excellent for browsing
through parts and identifying by picture.
  http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/

Peeron.com (Jen & Dan Boger) hosts a set inventory which is really useful
for identifying parts if you know what sets they came in.
  http://www.peeron.com/inv/

The best part is that all 3 of these sites (Partsref, Peeron and Bricklink)
use the common index of parts that the Ldraw (and other CAD utlities)
creates, so if you find the part in one, you can use the part number to find
it in the other two. :)

HTH,

James