 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 13653
  Inventory Pricing?

(...) This got me thinking-- I've kept set inventories in Excel, and also in a several flat files (currently one used in combo with a Perl parser), but going back over my nearly 1000 sets that I've entered and locating prices for them is quite the (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Inventory Pricing?

(...) the three might vary greatly - and I guess ebay doesn't count as flat? unless I'm missing something? But you can take into account all the online places that have the set for sale... (...) nod - Jennifer and I actually built a system that did (...) (22 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Inventory Pricing?

there was a guy called Steve Waibel who did a price index magazine called Buy the Brick. I brought a copy (it was about $5) and he had done a _LOT_ of research into it. It indexes most if not all sets (definately from late 70s on) and their cheapest (...) (22 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.theory)