 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 13370
13369  |  13371
Subject:
Custom Kit New(s) from Lions Gate Models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 01:46:20 GMT

Hi friends! Here's the latest news from Lions Gate Models:

1. Hospital details now available on the Lions Gate Models website
2. Payment plan available
3. Gift Certificates available
4. Discount for volume purchases
5. Kits still in stock
6. Upcoming kit news

Hospital details now available on the Lions Gate Models website
I've updated the Lions Gate Models website with many, many pictures of the
new 2396 piece Hospital kit. Just click over to
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-hosp.htm and you'll be able to see both
overall and close-up pictures of nearly every nook and cranny, along with
all SEVENTEEN (yes, I added another two!) minifigs. If you're on a dial-up
connection, please be patient while it loads - there are lots of thumbnails
and even though each one is tiny, they do add up. I'm told it takes 40-80
seconds depending on how fast a dial-up you have.

There will only ever be 10 of these kits, and six sold as soon as I
announced privately in December. If you'd love to get one but can't afford
to shell
out $389 plus shipping all in one go, see below for news about my new
payment plan - which may make it possible for you to be the proud owner of a
new Hospital!

Payment plan available
=================
Several times over the last year or two I've had requests from customers to
spread out payments on an expensive kit over several months, and it's worked
very well. So, I'm offering the opportunity to everyone to do the same
thing. Here's how it works:

Johnny Legobuilder wants to buy a Victorian House. Cost of the kit is $190,
shipping to his country is $20. He writes to me and requests a payment plan.
I split the $210 total into three chunks of $70 each. Johnny sends me a
check right away for $70, then another a month later. Another month after
that he sends me the last payment as a money order and I mail him out the
kit. Simple, eh? Here's how it would look for other kits:

Schoolhouse: 3 payments of $81.67 plus 1/3 shipping
Factory (blue roof, no baseplate): 3 payments of $90.00 plus 1/3 shipping
Hospital: 3 payments of $129.67 plus 1/3 shipping
Victorian House: 3 payments of $63.33 plus 1/3 shipping

If you'd like to go ahead and do this, just email me (reply to this message,
or mailto:kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com ) and let me know. Don't delay, as I
only have 2 or 3 of most of these kits left! You can also do this if you're
ordering several kits at once.

Gift Certificates available
==================
Yes, if you've a Lego Town addict to buy for, now you can give them Lions
Gate Models gift certificates! Available in any amount in multiples of $10.
Even better, you can encourage your family and friends to buy them for YOU
as gifts! Email me or check http://www.lionsgatemodels.com for details.

Discount for volume purchases
=======================
Buy $700 worth or more of Lions Gate Models kits (and parts from my
Bricklink - previously Brickbay - store or eBay auctions) and get a 10%
discount. A thank you for those Big Spenders out there!

Kits still in stock
===========
Some kits are now out of production and some are available in very limited
quantities. My limited edition runs are truly limited: once those 10
factories are gone, they're gone, I won't be producing any more.

Open Air Market: out of production
City Park / Formal Garden: temporarily unavailable until I can get more
flowers
Victorian House: 3 left
Corner Store: 2 left
Schoolhouse: 2 left
Factory: 2 left
Hospital: 4 left

Don't wait too long and be disappointed. And for those who are wondering,
no, Lego has not approached me about producing any of these kits, so you're
not likely to see a Victorian House for $80 any time soon!

Upcoming kit news
==============
Next up in the kit lineup will be several "historic facades". These will be
facades only, which you can add to your own buildings - so you can customize
for a specific spot in your town. I plan to produce at least 4 over the next
few months, with discounts for those who buy more than one in the series.
You can see the type of thing I'm talking about here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=7400 although the kits will
not be exactly the same as the buildings shown.

Our Lego club here in Vancouver is having a meeting next month dedicated to
"new MOC's" - we hope to get at least one brand new MOC from everybody who
turns up. Just for a change, I'm planning to build something totally outside
my usual line of interest... a space base!

That's all for now: happy building!

Kevin Wilson
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
1st Annual SYSTEM Creativity Contest: http://www.creativity-contest.net/