 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 1332
Re: Misc. '70's Lego sets. Question on selling?????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 13:28:11 GMT

On Fri, 23 Apr 1999 06:47:01 GMT, "Morgan Smith" <Bumfluff@home.com> wrote:

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Rose Regner writes:
Hi all:

   I have a friend in France that has the sets listed below, w/ boxes and
manuals. His question (and mine) is how should they be sold? Opinions are
asked for. E-bay would be OK, but a lot to deal with. Selling on Lugnet/RTL
individually would also work. Or, the easiest would be sell as a lot.

   What does everyone think??

<< list of a couple dozen sets removed>>

I think, though a hassle would be to go through e-bay... separately the
monetary value would be increased... sometimes dramatically!

How would eBay be a hassle?  You register as a seller, give some information
as to how you'll pay your fees, list your items and then wait for them to
end.  It doesn't get much easier than that.  I've done auctions on RTL and
LUGNET and just don't have the time required to update by hand every night.
I recently ran a SW parts auction just to see how it compared to running one
on eBay.  It was tedious to update and didn't pay me back what I had hoped
it would for the amount of time I spent splitting the parts and running the
auction.  I followed this with a number of SW parts lots on eBay, which more
than paid back my time and effort (minimal as it may be).  I've heard
arguments that people should sell stuff on the newsgroups to make sure it goes
to people that really like LEGO, but believe it or not, most of the people
buying my stuff on eBay really like LEGO.  They just haven't all heard about
newsgroups.

Rob

|  Rob Farver - rfarver@rcn.com             |
http://www.farver.com/lego/              |