 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 13225
Re: Are you looking for a 1592 Town Square - Castle Scene in MIB condition?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 23:22:20 GMT

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 03:55:02 GMT, "Matt Hein" <Pyrokid17@hotmail.com>
wrote:

You may want to consider posting this to market.auction as it's on charter
there and off charter here, I believe.

I was just wondering if you were LUGNET's police man. You sure do like to
correct people when they make an error.

<<-M Hein->>
I saw the post and thought someone should mention to him (Morten) that
this was the wrong group for auction announcements but didn't have
time to do so at that point.

Kudos to Larry for doing so.

This is a 'opt in' community, nobody is forced to be here or read any
particular post.  Such communities have TWO options, one use and rely
on politeness and courtesy  *OR* be a totalitarian total moderation
regime.  I personally prefer the former to the later.  Sometimes the
former needs a little help from the community at large rather than
thrusting it all on a lone person, or small group of people (that
causes burn-out).   Larry was polite and to the (specific) point, what
more can you ask for?   A polite gentle reminder here and there hurts
no one and helps the community at large.  Morten should now have the
idea that auction announcements are for the marketplace.auction group
and NOT marketplace.buy.sell.trade.  He can make any future
announcements in .auction and that should be the end of it.

I apologize in advance for wandering off-topic in .bst any follow ups
should be directed to .admin....

Mike
--

All other themes are just spare parts for Castle! :^)