 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 12983
Re: 6991 Monorail and 4x 6347 Monorail track sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 21:49:01 GMT

Yes, but it is a bit high for most buyers.

Yes -- they were comparitively pricy items to begin with, as
you know.

Maybe selling the monorail and
the track accessories seperately would be better. The monorail sold for $175
and the tracks sold between 25-40 dollars.

Which makes me think that the price I chose was more than
fair.  $175 + 4x $30 = about what I suggested.  I wasn't
interested in selling long-out-of-print sets for less than
I paid for them in 1995.

Three potential buyers contacted me by mail within an hour
of the posting, so I think the price is about right.  (If I'd
had dozens of inquiries, I would've known I went too low.  No
inquiries would obviously mean it was too high.  A handful is
just right. =)

Thank you to the interested monorail fans who emailed.  I'm in the
process of writing you invidividually to clarify the condition of
the sets.  I'm offering the sets to the inquirers on a first-inquiry-
first-response basis.  Dealing with the inquiries in bidder order
seems fairest since I had no intention of turning this into an
auction.)  Anyone coming by this announcment later - since I've
already received inquiries it'd be best to consider the sets already
sold.

--

Jeff <jthompson@esker.com>  "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"