 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 1284
Re: Trip to UK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 17:03:39 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Two notes...

1 - this, like all onboard promo sets is packed much much more densely
than the typical set (especially of late) and is no doubt a good deal
for joe average at 24.

To clarify, the set no. 1775 has 153 pieces, appears to have two minifigs, and
the box states 1994, 1995.  And you are right, the box is heavier than normal
boxes of this size at 7 1/2" x 5 1/2" and 2 1/4" deep - it is packed more
densley, thus saving room onflight.

2 - everyone should ALWAYS buy all the sets that they can while on
planes. If you yourself do not want it, you will surely be able to sell
it for a profit. Please, if you get a chance to buy a promo set in
Europe, do it. I would have said something before you left but I thought
everyone knew this.

I didn't mean to sound negative - Just wanted to pass on the info.  I did get
two boxes, but didn't get a chance to check them out closely until now -
jetlag and flu!.  My lads are begging for them - if we open a box I will pass
on the details to Pause.

Thanks, Larry, for passing on your notes - we've been into Lego for less than
a year so are always learning!

Pam