 Local / United States / Michigan / Grand Rapids / 60
59  |  61
Subject:
Trip to UK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 03:27:45 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

If you happen to find one of the Shell promo sets #2536 (the Divers
jetski), I'd definitely be interested.
Actually, I'd be interested in any of the sets from the
tiny-set promotion.

LFB wrote:
I'm wondering if I should leave extra
space in my bags to bring sets back from England in August...?

I'm back from my holiday in UK, and I'm sorry, Steve, I found no Shell
sets at all  :-(
I did, however, find some Soccer Starter sets at 14.99 UK sterling
pounds at a TRU in Preston, just
south of Blackpool - my 8 yr old son had one.
I don't know, LFB, if you want to leave a large space in your luggage
for Lego as the price is higher in the UK than here, unfortunately.  I
found a nice box of bricks with the motor but it was dear (can't
remember price.)  Though, you may want to check the Duty Free onboard
your flight to see if they have the special plane promo - I can't
remember the number - it's a plane with a small air tower, but pricey at
$24.00 for a smallish set.
We did go to Legoland, Windsor, as I posted at lugnet.uk which was well
worth the visit to see the models!!

Pam