 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11758
Re: Brickbay...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 12:55:12 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Morten Soerensen writes:
I can understand your frustration about the site going up and down - but
look at it the bright way, if the site works sometime you have more than if
the site didn't exist at all :-)

Don't get me wrong, I love Brickbay, but my level of patients, and that of many
other is fading. Remember, these problems are going on for many months now.

About why site haven't been moved to another server yet is probably a
financial matter - as a shop owner did I recently get an email from Dan
where he asked me and all other shop owners what our opinion was about
making the fee increase from 2% to 3% of our sale - so I think Dan right now
is working on finding a way to finance a move of the site - but he probably
also have a contract that says with the current server provider that he
shall give them a notice in good time before it can be moved.

I am aware of this. However, some info may help us understanding the situation,
don't you think? Why make us all speculate if a simple few lines from Dan can
explain the situation. I think it is not fair to play the silence game, be open
and I'm sure we'll understand and support. This support starts to fade when the
information why we should support is not available.

So I'm pretty shure, that if we all give a little more patience will this
site work smooth again in a few months.

I don't think "wating a few months" will satisfy the majority of users, unless
we know what is going on and we can look forward to a 99.9% reliable site,
rahter than the 42.8% or so we are at right now. Again, information about things
would help me support things as they are going on, and quench my inpatience. I
get 50+ oredrs/month, and many complain about the situation, but all love
Brickbay. I am not the only one getting fed up, I am pretty sure most of us are.
The key word is communication, let us know what is going on, and I am sure you
can count on my (our) support.

Paul

Morten
bricks4you.com

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Paul Janssen writes:
No, for me it is the same. Worse, if you want to place an order, everything
seems OK until the final screen, that doesn't come. Revisiting the shop will
tell you the item is still there, very annoying..., you didn't get it. I would
much rather have them kill the whole site, rahter than only running 10%.
Sometimes, only feedback or so can't be seen, or emials are not being send.
Under those conditions, keeping the site up is fine, but the situation now is
very annoying, it seems you can only list, but if no one can buy, why bother,
your wanted emails probably also don't work. ....Can you guys tell I'm getting
fed up here.......For crying out loud, move the site!!!! Most of us have been
very patient, but I believe it is time we dereseved an explanation why the site
hasn't moved, who's with me?

Paul

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Gianluca Morelli writes:
Hi,
does Brickbay work (totally) with you?
It's 3 days I can't access the orders/feedback pages....

Gianluca

http://brickbay.com/store.asp?p=gm