 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11153
    News paper ads? —Adam Murtha
   First off, I'm not sure if this is the correct newsgroup for this, but I wanted to start here. Has anyone ever put an advertisement in your local newspaper looking for Lego? Any comments about your experience or thoughts on doing something like (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

        Re: News paper ads? —Shiri Dori
     (...) Yes, that makes sense to me. Personally, I have just recently taken up the method of advertising for used lego... I tried around my school. I actually went up to a lot of people and talked to them personally. So far I have only gotten few (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

         Re: News paper ads? —Adam Murtha
     Yeah, Shiri, your recent adventures with advertising as well as my driving around most of today without finding anything at garage sales made me decide that instead of me going and finding the Lego, that the Lego should come and find me. Adam (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

        Re: News paper ads? —Maggie Cambron
     (...) I have thought about it but decided against it because the moment anyone knows you want LEGO badly enough to advertise in the paper for it the price will go up. Also you'll probably have people calling you saying they've got this really great (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

        Re: News paper ads? —Timothy Wade
   While living in my dorm, I printed up some flyers and posted them near the elevators. I didn't get any response (although not ONE person who saw my lego collcetion in my room gave me crap about it being for kids, in fact most of the folks wanted to (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)